Blogging is not easy. Blogosphere is getting bigger day by day. Updating valuable and unique content is challenging. In order to survive in blogging you need to adopt some skills.
What are those?
First and the uttermost thing as a blogger is his writing skills. You can’t succeed without the basic writing skills. Perhaps, I am not a good writer, but I try to keep the basics right.
How to improve your writing skills?
- Read books: Yes. Reading books significantly improves your writing skills. You’ll get adopt to new writing styles and skills.
- Practice: Take a note book or a blank sheet and write the shit out, even if it doesn’t make sense.
- Watch and adopt: Watch the famous writers. Read their blogs, books. Adopt their style.
- Join Twitter: Honestly, I was lazy to write even a single sentence before joining twitter. 140-characters limit twitter forced me to write and experiment with my vocabulary. If you not joined the twitter yet, join now.
No, no, you don’t have to be a rocket scientist to manage technical issues of your blog. If you are not a techie no need to worry, managing blogs are easy these days. By Technical means you just have learn about few things like monitoring your site through Webmasters tools, securing your site from hacking etc. for example; Google is not indexing your blog posts. It happens when Googlebot can’t access your site due to some errors. You will not be aware of this if you don’t have webmasters tools account connected with your site. You will not get any search engine results. Due to this you may quit blogging.
How to build Technical Skills?
- Don’t skip information: It is essential that you shouldn’t skip any information even you are not interested in it. Just take a glance on that subject.
- Don’t fear: Do not fear to experiment with technical issues, even though you’re not a geek.
- Be Curious: You might have heard the phrase: “There is no better teacher than curiosity”. Got the point? So, try to be curious and don’t afraid to experiment.
Creativity is the essential thing in blogging. Without creative thinking skills you can’t survive much long. You need to adopt creativity.
How to build creative skills?
- Question yourself: Questioning yourself helps to build creativity. Wonder how? Read the next point.
- Find answer yourself: In order to build creativity, try to solve the puzzles yourself. For example; you are struck on a particular problem, don’t google right away, try to find the solution yourself. You never know you might end up inventing new thing!
- Experiment: Don’t bother about outputs, just experiment.
This is the last and final skill you need to adopt. Even if you have above three skills and if you don’t know how to promote your blog then those skills will be wasted. In order to build readership you need to promote your blog.
How to promote your blogs?
- Make Use of Social media: Since it is 21st century and almost everyone has a social media accounts, make a most of it.
- Don’t afraid to share: This is crucial, do not afraid to share your work through social media or any other platform.
- Encourage others to join you: Make friends with common-interest people. Invite them to join you.
If you adopt these above four essential skills you’ll definitely survive in blogging industry. Work today. Don’t waste time, if you waste time, you’ll regret it later.
Over To you:
Heya! What are you waiting for? Take the challenge forward. Make the most of it!